There is no "Add Picture Files" button?

All about the program
Saxtus

04 Dec 2021, 12:18

Hello,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but although I see buttons to "Add Video Files" and "Add Audio Files" next to their respective "Add Video Folders" and "Add Audio Folders" buttons, I can't seem to be able to find an "Add Picture Files" button.

How do I add individual pictures instead of just managing them as folders?
Is there a way to "Add Picture Folders" and view and tag their individual pictures as I do with video files?

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

04 Dec 2021, 12:55

Hello,

An Item in Videonizer could either be
a Video, or
an Audio, or
a Picture Folder.

Just because it is senseless to have a separate Item for each picture.
Just add a Picture Folder and then you can use the Item Editor to manage pictures.
You can rate individual pictures in Item Editor as well, but you can Tag only the entire Picture folder.

And you can add pictures from different folders to a Picture Folder Item.
Saxtus

04 Dec 2021, 17:25

admin wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 12:55
Just because it is senseless to have a separate Item for each picture.
Just add a Picture Folder and then you can use the Item Editor to manage pictures.
You can rate individual pictures in Item Editor as well, but you can Tag only the entire Picture folder.
Can you please elaborate on why is not senseless to be able to tag individual video or audio items (a function which I love and use all of the time) but senseless for pictures?
admin
Site Admin

04 Dec 2021, 17:48

Never thought it could be useful to tag separate pictures.
From my point of view rating was enough.

On the other hand, that could lead to enormous count of picture Items which is not desirable.

I can consider the possibility to allow to use Tags/Artists/Sites for separate pictures if needed.
Need to analyze.