[Feature Request] Add Video Folders via UNC path

All about the program
onlooker

14 Aug 2020, 17:14

Hi Suu, Love this program I've been looking for something like this for a while and its very well made!

I'd like the ability to add Video/Picture folders via UNC path and have them scanned reclusively. So looking for a way to add video/picture folders and have them be scanned reclusively using the UNC path, so an example would be \\servername\media\MyVideos and having it find all the video files in that folder and subfolders.

I'm to add video files one at a time with the UNC path using the 'Add Video Files' button because it uses the Windows Explorer popup windows and I can go into the address bar and add a file by navigating directly to: \\servername\media\MyVideos\Video1\thisvideo.mkv in the address bar and selecting it. But if I want to add all videos reclusively I'm unable to do so using the 'Add Video Folders' button even if I manually enter the UNC path in the window or try and use the 'classic' view mode.

I can get around this issue by just mapping the Share to a drive letter, but I don't want to have my shares mapped to my drive for anyone to just easily navigate to if someone is using my PC.
Thanks and keep up the great work!
admin
Site Admin

17 Aug 2020, 10:47

Hi,

Thank you for your request.

Have you tried the following?
"Add Video Folders" -> "Switch to Classic Folder Browser" (on the bottom right part of the window).
Just wondering - are there yours paths listed or not?
onlooker

17 Aug 2020, 23:57

Yup, unfortunately I can't do it with the classic browser either :(
admin
Site Admin

08 Nov 2022, 19:24

Implemented in Videonizer 16.0.0.0.
new: The "Use modern Windows Folder Browser as a Classic Folder Browser" in the "Settings" -> "Mixed Settings" window. You can still use the old one by turning the setting OFF. The default value is ON.