Line spacing between TAGS

All about the program
avi111

05 Mar 2020, 05:21

avi111 wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 08:16
My best solution for Tags Actors Sites (Directors, Series, etc.) would be
1 window Only organized as spreadsheet with columns
column 0 = a Mark that used for selection made in this row (read only for the user for viewing what was selected ) Or any method that sow this
column 1 = Type (Tags, Actors, Sites, (Directors, Series, etc. can be added by user choice)
column 2 = Name
column 3 = Group
column 4 = Rating
column 5 = Comment (can be year of video creation for example)
column 6 = ...
NOW
on top of every column there will be a text field for filtering
on top of every column there will option to select logical operation (AND, OR, NOT )
this list can be sorted by any column. the sorting operation do not remove the selection already made
On confirming all selections a window will ask for the logical operation needed the columns (AND, OR, NOT ) (it can be in the spreadsheet header with OR as default option)
This filter will apply to the current view list

PS the operator NOT is essential (for logical reasons)!
1. The Boolean option should be as radio buttons left to every line.

if this is to much for some users it could be in "advanced search" button.

This is a crucial thing when working with big database
latanabe

17 Mar 2020, 20:43

I like your ideas as a option but it seems for me that it is for all program reworking. I am okay with folder tree in Tag window or line spacing possibility at least..Because actual working with hundreds of TAGs is really uncomfortable.

Folder tree is something what was tried in many many programs before...and it always worked. 8-)
jstanton

06 Apr 2020, 01:10

avi111 wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 05:17
latanabe wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 13:01
avi111: Text field for filtering? :shock: Means that I will filter hundreds of my TAGS just via typing?

I like that idea that there will be everything in one window..I do not have anything against to operator NOT, should be helpful sometimes also for me..But sorry, for me is inconceivably that I will get better orientation in my 600 Tags with your method..Even worse if I will choose them via typing (if you means like this)..this is something what I need to have really quickly done not to type them one by one :?
the option to filter while typing should always be with an option to disable it (like filter by file name)
This option is exactly what I came here to request. My list of actors is quite huge and being able to filter only by the first letter is incredibly painful. I'd love a search box at the top of the actors screen that I could type in where it filters as I type. It would drastically cut down the time spent categorizing. If we could add the option to Tags as well that would be even better!
admin
Site Admin

23 Apr 2020, 07:48

Text filters for Categories, Tags, Actors and Sites are added to Videonizer 8.0.0.0.
That should improve the experience a bit.
latanabe

23 Apr 2020, 19:51

Admin: OH MY GOD :) :) :D :D :D

Man, you are the best! This is deffinitely one of the most amazing update so far for me :lol: :D

What a great work, really! If you arrived to Czech Republic sometime let me please know..Five beers on me ;)

This is brilliant.
admin
Site Admin

23 Apr 2020, 19:55

Ok :)
And thx for your feedback! ;)
latanabe

24 Apr 2020, 23:40

Especially I like that idea of two windows :D One window for customizable categories and one window for tags, deffinitely better orientation and deffinitely less messy..

But after all, I have found one little problem there (punch me :) ). When I click to another category (with my tags), the previous one is still marked and opened..After all day testing I really don't think that this works in practice (should work if there will be opened only tags which I have marked but I don't think that this option is necessary at all).

If I have tons of tags and see them all whenever I don't close their categories, there is mess again in very short time.. So what about switching between categories just one by one with one click? (opened will be always just one category with tags).. Deffinitely much simplier and faster, I think..
admin
Site Admin

25 Apr 2020, 07:55

I can modify the selection behaviour for Categories in the followig way:
1) Single click on a new Category will unselect all previously selected Categories.
2) You will be still able to select multiple Categories using CTRL+Click (add a single Category) and SHIFT+Click (continuous selection).
3) Tags list will be filtered automatically after Categories selection change (as for now).

Will it help?
latanabe wrote:
24 Apr 2020, 23:40
opened will be always just one category with tags
Multiple selection for Categories allows to Add/Remove Tags to multiple Categories in a batch using right mouse button context menu.
latanabe

25 Apr 2020, 10:35

Yes, deffinitely help. But program must remember all marked tags from those unselected categories (I mentioned this just for save :D )

True is that I have already added all my tags to new categories how I wanted. It tooks about 7 hours but it was done and I don't think that I will ever changed it (and if, it will be just very cosmetic changes).

So it is all about adding Actors/site/tags for new movies in database now and always will be. It tooks about 15 minutes when I was able to marked it with appropriate tags before. Now due to changes after this update, it is almost 7 minutes which is just perfect. But too much unnecessary clicks to categories to close them everytime during editing.

This will solved it and that multiple function will be still there but not as a primarily one. Yop!
admin
Site Admin

27 Apr 2020, 17:01

Videonizer 8.0.0.2 is released.
Please check.