[Feature Request] Grouping folder filter searches and Dark Theme.

All about the program
senxhrs652

04 Oct 2019, 09:08

First off these is an amazing program! I have been having fun scanning and organizing my, uh-hum, video files and saw I have over 5700k videos and have watched like only 3%. Took me over 43hrs to create thumbnails and animations files, what fun.

Well down to brass tacks, would it be possible to create a "grouping of folders" in the filter results pane? When I search for files with "folder" as filter, it will show all the files with "xyz folder name" but there may be variables to that filter like "xyz1, xyz_bc, xyzA47, etc, etc.". This is great since I have files spanning over 4 hard drives. The problem is the results from the "folder filter" it will show all files in one continuous list. I have to hover mouse over each file and see the "popup detail info" show exactly where the file's folder location is. Something like what windows explorer does when sorting by folder is checked, example:

Image https://i.pstorage.space/i/qWk0zXOy0/or ... xample.PNG

I am currently moving all videos into one hard drive and sorting videos by actress name. In each parent folder I have also another subfolder for VR video files. Currently I am filtering by name, then moving everything into new created actress name folder, then filter again for VR tag and moving into created VR folder into that actress parent folder. This could be much more efficient if I could just see all files grouped by the folder location and shift select many files at once and move into folders instantly without doing multiple filter runs.

Also could we have a Dark Theme option? It would really help with the eyes late at night.

Thanks
Last edited by senxhrs652 on 14 Oct 2019, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

04 Oct 2019, 18:21

Thank you for your feedback.

I understood your request and will try to invent something, but that will not be fast.

And Dark theme is not an option ) Too much graphics to redraw. But I will give it a try ;)
senxhrs652

05 Oct 2019, 08:12

No problem, since this program has already save me over 400GB of duplicate files that just had different filenames but was the same video. Still a great program. And if anything is worth doing... it's worth doing it right.
admin
Site Admin

10 Nov 2019, 23:01

Please check Videonizer 6.0.0.0.
It allows to sort item by Folder name, then by Filename.
That kind of sorting is named "Alphabetical (Folder)" in the program.
admin
Site Admin

28 Jan 2024, 01:22

Dark mode has been implemented in Videonizer 20.0.0.0.