Choose shots manually 1&2 not working on mp4,mkv,flv

All about the program
avi111

23 Dec 2017, 08:30

Hi
when I first installed the software and the VTM it was installed in D: drive
I then uninstalled videonizer and VTM and installed them on C: drive
then again uninstalled videonizer and VTM and installed them on H: drive

after buying silver VTM license when I fist tried the Choose shots manually and Choose shots manually - 2 it works for one time (I do not remember the file type)
Then when I tried it the second time It was not working any more (a window is appearing for a split of a second and closing - i cannot see the content of it) For files MP4,MKV,FLV

It WORKES on file types WMV,AVI,MPEG

I tried uninstall restart then install but cannot fix that.

Please help
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

23 Dec 2017, 11:43

Hi,

Choose shots manually uses codecs on your PC (and does not use codecs that are embedded to VTM).
So you can try to install/re-installl the codec pack on your PC.
admin
Site Admin

01 Nov 2018, 22:46

It should work in VTM v12.0.0.0.

Please have a look to the new interface in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-LvuqbZ3o
DimsumDynamite

02 Nov 2018, 13:49

When i built my new PC back in May, I installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and installed the CCCP codec pack 64 bit. The choose shots manually window opened and closed very quickly. I then uninstalled the CCCP codec pack 64 bit and installed the 32 bit version instead. After this, the manual shots window always opened.

So was it the issue of 64 bit over 32 bit that was causing the problem?
admin
Site Admin

02 Nov 2018, 20:46

DimsumDynamite wrote:When i built my new PC back in May, I installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and installed the CCCP codec pack 64 bit. The choose shots manually window opened and closed very quickly. I then uninstalled the CCCP codec pack 64 bit and installed the 32 bit version instead. After this, the manual shots window always opened.

So was it the issue of 64 bit over 32 bit that was causing the problem?
Codec pack is not needed for VTM version 12.
As for "Choose shots manually - 2" (codec-dependent interface), then you could be right, 32 bit version of CCCP codec suits VTM for sure, while I did not tested 64 bit version.
Javorko

05 Nov 2018, 19:55

OK, I have managed to figure out many things, but still I have one thing missing :(

Is it possible to save all shots at once (for example in a RAR archive) and not by clicking on all 32 shots and saving them one by one.
That's a long process, and if we could save them all at once, it would be awesome :)

Can anything be done?
What do you say admin? :)
admin
Site Admin

05 Nov 2018, 20:25

Javorko wrote:OK, I have managed to figure out many things, but still I have one thing missing :(

Is it possible to save all shots at once (for example in a RAR archive) and not by clicking on all 32 shots and saving them one by one.
That's a long process, and if we could save them all at once, it would be awesome :)

Can anything be done?
From my point of view there is a better way to save all chosen shots separetely.
The suggested procedure is a bit tricky, but this approach allows you to use additional setting for each shot: apply effects, timstamps, watermark, keep original frame size or not, use different nameing schemes.
Just enable "Output each Tile (frame capture) to a separate file" in Environment settings (hotkey: F3), then choose shots manually, press Save to keep the work and press "Start" button in the main window.

If you need JPEGs, just switch output format from "VTX" to "Classic" in Environment window.
Javorko

05 Nov 2018, 21:15

Thank you, as we have spoken via e-mail, this one suits me perfectly :)
The best 10USD spent this year :D
Javorko

17 Nov 2018, 13:16

admin wrote:
Javorko wrote:OK, I have managed to figure out many things, but still I have one thing missing :(

Can anything be done?
From my point of view there is a better way to save all chosen shots separetely.
The suggested procedure is a bit tricky, but this approach allows you to use additional setting for each shot: apply effects, timstamps, watermark, keep original frame size or not, use different nameing schemes.
Just enable "Output each Tile (frame capture) to a separate file" in Environment settings (hotkey: F3), then choose shots manually, press Save to keep the work and press "Start" button in the main window.

If you need JPEGs, just switch output format from "VTX" to "Classic" in Environment window.
Excuse me, for quoting you - I think you will have a message someone quoted you so you can respond to my question.

Can anything be done in these cases?

1) I have chosen a 1080p file, it did manage to get the screens correctly but not the thumbnails too.
I need to use a different application to do so.
Can anything be tweeked in the upcoming releases?

2) the same scenario happend with the 2160p (4K) file, BUT this time VTM didn't manage to do anything at all.
I needed to do the same process (thumbnails + screens) with alternative.
Can anything be done for the future releases?

Thank you!