[Feature] VTM Viewer "Browse" Through Only WEBM or WEBP

All about the program
fghsnc

16 May 2018, 16:23

It seem that the viewer also work with WEBM and WEBP using Double Click to Play. I'm using WEBM/WEBP exclusively.

The only option available right now is: "Browse through VTX Only".
Can another option (checkbox) be add to allow either just one of these format or all 3 format (depending on user choice). Alternatively I just want WEBM to be added.
admin
Site Admin

16 May 2018, 20:14

Currently the viewer loops through WebM and WebP, but that file types are not registered to be opened by the viewer as a default program.

Would you like to register WebM/WebP file types to be opened by the viewer as a default program or something else? What exaclty would you want?
fghsnc

18 May 2018, 16:21

You are right but the "Browse only VTX only" have to be disable. Doing that it will Loop through JPG, VTX, WEBM and WEBP.

I suppose I want to be either (1) able to double click through Association or (2) drag and drop capability.

What exactly I want would be another option:
"Browse through WEBM only", that way it doesn't browse my .JPG
admin
Site Admin

19 May 2018, 00:13

Ok, I recorded your request.
Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

26 May 2018, 22:09

Usually the viewer is started by double clicking on a VTX file.
Alternatively you can associate WebP file extension to the viewer using "Associate" button in the viewer's preferences and you will be able to start the viewer by double clicking on a WebP file.

But I can not do that for WebM, because the viewer can playback only webm files that are generated by VTM.
That is why I can not add "Associate WebM to this program" button to the viewer. That would be incorrect to run the viewer for any webm file.

Drag and drop feature is under question too, because the viewer need some way to be started first ;)

Any ideas?
fghsnc

03 Jun 2018, 09:47

I can think of few alternatives.
(1) No need for association. Add the option of "Browse through only only WEBM"
(2) Create a new Format. For example: VTXM or VTXWEBM (but that too long) or VTM or VTW, etc.
(3) Allow for Double Click. Rather than association by Format, you can always use the option, "Always Open With" which force your default software to changed.
(4) Allow open of "blank". VTM Viewer only open if you can open it with a VTM or WEBP(?). But most program allow you to open the program then open the file afterward using drag and drop or file explorer.

Just some idea to bounce your minds.