Updating VTM...How?

All about the program
QuickDraw

15 Sep 2014, 00:49

Hi,
I don't see a method of updating VTM through the program.
When I downloaded the new version I could not use my reg code....

Sooo How do I update it from 5.0.04 to the current version?
admin
Site Admin

16 Sep 2014, 23:58

Hi.

1) You can use "Update" button within the program. Please see attached screenshot.

2) You must be able to use your Activation Key through version, if your Serial number is still the same.
Upgrading VTM to a newer version will not change your Serial.

----- Here you can find Update button
Attachments
update.png
update.png (10.45 KiB) Viewed 19600 times
QuickDraw

17 Sep 2014, 06:28

Ok well now I feel dumb, that update thingy is sorta ghost where it is and didn't realize that it was for updating. But in any case I updated it and it showed me as common rather than silver. (I paid $10 amount)> I then looked in the Programs Folder (x86) and found the vkf there and so copied it over to the users folder. Then ran the program again and it now seems to be up to date.
Kreegan

07 Apr 2015, 16:41

I have a slightly different issue. I, too, never realized there was an "Update" feature and found it accidentally, in my old 3.0.0.2 version. Let it download and install the current 6.4.0.4 version from within the program. Now it won't start at all. All I get is an error screen with: "Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." message with the option to send an error report to Microsuck!.

I have DotNet Framework 4.0 client and extended installed, so I don't know what got hosed during the install... Or what is missing that this new version needs.

System Specs (besides being OLD):
WinXP SP2
AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz CPU
768MB RAM
GeForce4 MX 4000 Graphics

Any help would be appreciated
admin
Site Admin

08 Apr 2015, 20:55

Kreegan wrote:I have a slightly different issue. I, too, never realized there was an "Update" feature and found it accidentally, in my old 3.0.0.2 version. Let it download and install the current 6.4.0.4 version from within the program. Now it won't start at all. All I get is an error screen with: "Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." message with the option to send an error report to Microsuck!.

I have DotNet Framework 4.0 client and extended installed, so I don't know what got hosed during the install... Or what is missing that this new version needs.
Hello.
Is there a Diag.log file in the program's folder?
It look like a .NET related program, that is outside of the scope of VTM.
Have you tried to reinstall .NET?