VideoThumbnailsMaker v10.004 identified as Virus with Kaspersky Anti Virus

All about the program
Charles1972

16 Sep 2017, 14:31

Kaspersky Anti-Virus[/b] v. 16.0.1.445 identifies VideoThumbnailsMaker v10.004 as a virus and deletes the .exe file from my computer each time I attempt to use it. I tried giving VTM an exclusion from scanning in Kaspersky, but that didn’t work. Then I tried “Pause Protection” in Kaspersky but it still goes off and deletes the VTM exe file. So the only way I can use this program is to reinstall it each time I want to make some thumbnails and turn off Kaspersky Anti-Virus completely. This effectively means the program is extremely difficult and possibly dangerous to use. Is there a simple solution to this problem I'm missing?
admin
Site Admin

16 Sep 2017, 16:18

As far as I know, it is a tricky thing to add an exclusion to Kaspersky Anti-Virus, but still possible.

VTM is obfuscated, so I think that is the root cause of false positive anti-virus results.
Arer there any settings in Kaspersky to decrease the level of heuristics or something like that?
Have you tried to contact Kaspersky labs to check VTM executables?
stratege1401

16 Sep 2017, 16:19

In Kaspersky, you can whitelist a files in two ways:
- trying to grant privileges in the application side
- or whitelisting in exclusion the whole Kaspersky folder. Not just the .exe
Last option is to send a support mail directly to Kaspersky with the .exe files attach so they can update the AV engine. For the last part, maybes suu should get in touch themselves