[SOLVED] Asking from a newbie

All about the program
gabuzomeu1

02 Jan 2017, 16:01

Hello.

I'm using VTM since only one week and I'm trying several things before activating.

For now, I want to generate a matrix for a long movie with a step of 2 seconds.
I set X Tiles to 6.

I've tried with a half hour movie and the jpg generated is very big (50Mb or so) but that's why I wanted because I'm able to move very quickly inside the movie.

If I try with a movie longer (say 1 hour or 2 hours) "Crystal engine failed". I think that it's maybe because of a too much big file generated.

So I've tried "MultiFiles for specific time step" and "incremental filenames" options.
With these settings one file by minute is generated and that's ok for me....but...VTM generates also the big file too (starting from the beginning to the end of the movie).
So if I try a movie with an hour long, "Crystal engine failed".
I think that if it was possible to avoid the big file generation, maybe the Crystal engine will not fail.
Is there a way to do so?
Is there a chance that ultimate engine will not failed in this case?

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by gabuzomeu1 on 03 Jan 2017, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

02 Jan 2017, 23:27

Hello.

I fully understand your request.
I will see what I can do.
Thank you for detailed explanation.
gabuzomeu1

03 Jan 2017, 11:35

Thank you for your help.

I want to add something. I've tried to submit the same job using batch capacity of VTM and the process goes to the end. I have one thumbnail generated for one minute of the video and the big big file is generated but....it's not a big big file since this file is empty.
For me, the result is well enough and I can say that my functionnal "problem" is solved.

Thank you anyway