Files VTM changes the engine ...

All about the program
bluna

29 Aug 2016, 05:28

If Ultimate engine cannot create a thumbnail, VTM changes the engine to one of the slower engines. Phantastic. It works.

But I want to know after VTM has finished the list, which files made the problems. I want to edit the problem files with a video converter software like Xmedia Recode. In most cases: Copying a problem file in a few seconds and it will work with the Ultimate engine.

Is it possible to make a list of those files VTM has changed the engine? Or to mark them with a coloured arrow?
aimhere

09 Oct 2016, 22:48

Great idea. I'd love know which files required an engine change, and why. VTM could stand to log this info to disk somewhere.
admin
Site Admin

10 Oct 2016, 21:28

I will add Import/Export list of files feature, so you will be to export the list of "failed" file.
Will it be enough?
Actually, when VTM change the engine it does not mean the file is broken.
bluna

12 Oct 2016, 01:25

admin wrote:I will add Import/Export list of files feature, so you will be to export the list of "failed" file.
Will it be enough?
Means "failed file" that all engines must fail?
Or does it mean that if the main engine fail fails?

My idea:
Primary engine is of course "ultimate engine".
If this engine fails I want to know what file it was.
This file I want to re-encode in such a way that ultimate engine will suceed to make a thumbnail.
admin wrote:Actually, when VTM change the engine it does not mean the file is broken.
You are wright. But the delay time for changing from primary engine to secondary engine can be very long. And if this happens to 10 files, 20 files, 50 files ...