Error usingVTM vis CLI

All about the program
Tank Ersley

07 Dec 2019, 00:21

Hello.

I recently starting using the command-line version of VTM to grab screenshots from videos. When I use the GUI, the program works. However, when I use the CLI, I get this output from the terminal. ("\\path\to\file.ext" is the full path and filename to the video.)

Code: Select all

Device is not ready [\\path\to\file.ext] folder. Skip.

Job is Started

Summary: 0 Done

Finished
Diag.log file is created in the program's folder
The Diag.log just states that the program started.

The filenames contain non-ASCII characters such as Ω (omega) and "" (open and close quote marks) for tagging and organization. I presume this is the issue.

I looked at this forum post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38&p=75&hilit=ascii#p75 for a solution but it didn't really offer a useful one as I have several thousand files and renaming each one would be very burdensome.

Is there a workaround that would allow the CLI interface to work without having to rename all of the files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

08 Dec 2019, 11:49

Hello,

Could you please perform a check for a single file - will renamed file with ASCII chars only be processed by CLI or not in your case?
Tank Ersley

09 Dec 2019, 21:52

At your suggestion, I removed the non-ASCII characters and ran the program via the CLI again. It worked fine and produced the output I want.
admin
Site Admin

10 Dec 2019, 20:11

One more question - could you please provide an example of yours with non-ASCII characters?