question from newbie about Videonizer

All about the program
kennysiu

12 Sep 2014, 11:34

hi
I 'd like to know what i can do with the paid version of Videonizer?
What is the main aim/function/benefit of this program??

Added question: after watching the video ,I donnt understand what site filter is. And what is the meaning of entering username and password? I don't understand

Added question: Can I get to the folder which contains the files after searching according to catagory? It looks like it only supports playback within the program. I still not very familar with it

Question: DB Protection? What does it mean? I don't understand what is the reason of protecting the database?

I am a little bit confused....
admin
Site Admin

14 Sep 2014, 22:54

kennysiu wrote:I 'd like to know what i can do with the paid version of Videonizer?
What is the main aim/function/benefit of this program??
It is a video organizer. Fast access to your movies by actors, genres, or by site from which they were downloaded.
You can set rating for movies, filter them in many ways, and much more.
You can organize your collection in your way.
kennysiu wrote:Added question: after watching the video ,I donnt understand what site filter is. And what is the meaning of entering username and password? I don't understand
To keep username/passwords for pay-sites.
kennysiu wrote:Added question: Can I get to the folder which contains the files after searching according to catagory? It looks like it only supports playback within the program. I still not very familar with it
You can. Open the item's editor and click on the name of the file. But for what purpose?
kennysiu wrote:Question: DB Protection? What does it mean? I don't understand what is the reason of protecting the database?
To keep your database away from others (friends, collegues, wife, husband, parents...).
kennysiu

17 Sep 2014, 16:06

>>>Fast access to your movies by actors, genres, or by site from which they were downloaded.

Do you mean it is possible to choose from my favourite actors/actresses, then the program will show up all the files assigned to the particular actors/actresses no matter where the files are located in my computer?

>>>Open the item's editor and click on the name of the file. But for what purpose?

I've got tens of thousands of video files, I will want to name them with prefix and numbering at the front of their filenames. For example, LES represents lesbian and I've got lots of files like LES1_sukichueng.wmv LES2_christiancarter.mp4..........LES1000_chanelpreston_at_hotel.avi etc.........

I'd like to get to the directory of the folder which contains the files as I simply enter LES1 or LES2 or LES1000 . I may not only want to watch the video . I may sometimes want to edit the video (cut them into smaller pieces because of lack of hard drive space)
or delete the video I don't want so I need to get to the directory containing the file.

Also, does Videonizer by any means change the checksums (MD5 or SHA1 etc ) of the video files?

sorry but one more question - As I said, I've got thousands of video files , but many of them are unsorted and located on different directories. I've just started working on renaming the files and putting them into category. Do you have any suggestion on how Videonizer (silver version) can help me with sorting and organization of my files?

A lot of questions but hope you don't mind. Thank you very much!!
admin
Site Admin

17 Sep 2014, 22:09

kennysiu wrote:Do you mean it is possible to choose from my favourite actors/actresses, then the program will show up all the files assigned to the particular actors/actresses no matter where the files are located in my computer?
Exactly! Once you have added your video file and have assigned actors/genres/additional info, you have got that feature.
kennysiu wrote:I've got tens of thousands of video files, I will want to name them with prefix and numbering at the front of their filenames. For example, LES represents lesbian and I've got lots of files like LES1_sukichueng.wmv LES2_christiancarter.mp4..........LES1000_chanelpreston_at_hotel.avi etc.........
I'd like to get to the directory of the folder which contains the files as I simply enter LES1 or LES2 or LES1000 . I may not only want to watch the video . I may sometimes want to edit the video (cut them into smaller pieces because of lack of hard drive space) or delete the video I don't want so I need to get to the directory containing the file.
You can use Videonizer Genres to "mark" files. For instance, you can add "LES" genre to the program and then set this genre for any video item added.
Also you can delete video physically from hard drive right from the program (click right mouse button, a context menu will be opened).
But you can not edit the video (as you said, cut it into smaller pieces because of lack of hard drive space) within the program.
kennysiu wrote:Also, does Videonizer by any means change the checksums (MD5 or SHA1 etc ) of the video files?
Videonizer does not change any checksums.
By the way, Videonizer prevents file duplication, when adding files to database.
kennysiu wrote:sorry but one more question - As I said, I've got thousands of video files , but many of them are unsorted and located on different directories. I've just started working on renaming the files and putting them into category. Do you have any suggestion on how Videonizer (silver version) can help me with sorting and organization of my files?
That's why i have created Videonzier. Here is my appoach, in brief:
- forget about physical location of your video files;
- just click on "Add Video Folder" button and add desired folders to the program. Videonizer will scan folder recursively and add all video files found to the database;
- add desired Actors and Genres (tags) to your database, then you can set existing Actors and Genres to you video files;
kennysiu

18 Sep 2014, 22:58

Thank you very much for your support.

So, do you mean I don't have to sort my video files into folders once all the files are assigned with tag right? The biggest work that remains is to watch each video and determine which category it should fall into and assign them in Videonizer?

My suggestion for future update is - After sorting out the category I am interested, it shows all related video and it allows getting to the folders containing those files in Videonizer, like Windows search, which saves the effort of clicking clicking and clicking to the directory. Another less possible suggestion is - As the interested category is sorted out and listed, it can have the option of help copying their corresponding video thumbnails (jpg/vtx) from different directories into one specific folders. This is useful when there are many files listed under a particular category and I don't know what it is from their filenames, for example, I want to get the list of videos that fall into ''lesbian''. then there are hundreds of results and I don't know what they are. I can get to one directory containing all their video thumbnails picture and preview them with external picture viewer first.

I know it might be odd or complicated, but I really think it can be very useful to some people, I am an example.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

19 Sep 2014, 03:06

kennysiu wrote:So, do you mean I don't have to sort my video files into folders once all the files are assigned with tag right? The biggest work that remains is to watch each video and determine which category it should fall into and assign them in Videonizer?
Yes, you need to do that once.
kennysiu wrote: My suggestion for future update is - After sorting out the category I am interested, it shows all related video and it allows getting to the folders containing those files in Videonizer, like Windows search, which saves the effort of clicking clicking and clicking to the directory.
I think that is possible.
kennysiu wrote: Another less possible suggestion is - As the interested category is sorted out and listed, it can have the option of help copying their corresponding video thumbnails (jpg/vtx) from different directories into one specific folders. This is useful when there are many files listed under a particular category and I don't know what it is from their filenames, for example, I want to get the list of videos that fall into ''lesbian''. then there are hundreds of results and I don't know what they are. I can get to one directory containing all their video thumbnails picture and preview them with external picture viewer first.
Videonizer has a bunch of abilites to make a preview task much more easier.
First of all, Videonizer picks up screenlists automatically, when you add a video item to the database. Of course, the screenlist should exist.
If you have not created screenlists before, you can do it after. And then you can use "Scan for screenlists" button in Videonizer. Videonizer will pick up all newely created screenlists for you video items automatically.
Moreover, you can use "Scan for screenlists in a Folder" button and Videonizer will pick-up VTM screenlists from that folder and tie them with right video files.
Detailed description of that functions can be found in button popups in the program.

The main purpose of all that actions is to be able to use "Preview" feature in Videonizer. Once, a thumbnail sheet is added to the video (automatically i hope), you can hold down SHIFT or ~ (Tilde) key over the name of video file to view its thumbnail sheet. Alternatively, you can press on "screenlist" button (please see a screenshot below) for a video item to fast access to its thumbnail sheet in full-size. And one more feature. You can switch CAPS LOCK to ON position on your keyboard to make fast preview appear constantly (without holding SHIFT button, or tilde hotkey).
Attachments
demo.png
demo.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 47489 times
kennysiu

19 Sep 2014, 09:01

Thank you for your support

I am now still learning Videonizer, it's little bit complicated for me. I will probably purchase the license when I've learnt from the trial. I do really like your projects and innovation.

In addition to PTM, VTM and videonizer, do you have any future plan about developing simple and functional video/picture editing software? I always want to make some professional logo and effect to my product photos (I am a boss of one-man-bank selling wide variety of products) and edit videos for my products. Photoshop and GIMP are professional but they are very very complicated to work with, and they are not user-friendly, I am not a newbie to computer, though. I think a lot of people will have such a feeling as well. We don't need everything in one program, we don't need the world, for example, we may want to add a cool professional watermark with template, we may want a cool effect, which I don't necessarily need to have full control of how it looks like because we don't have the time to start from lesson 1 with Photoshop.

Hope it's a advice Thank you
admin
Site Admin

19 Sep 2014, 17:21

kennysiu wrote:In addition to PTM, VTM and videonizer, do you have any future plan about developing simple and functional video/picture editing software?
I have no such plans.
kennysiu

24 Sep 2014, 01:21

Due to language barrier, I've read this thread and replies again and I want to summarize my idea.

Feature request: Be able to open the folder containing the video as I right click on the filename and choose the option, like windows search. Clicking on 'Edit Item' and then it's filename does not open the directory folder immediately, it only opens a windows box asking for ''Open files''

Feature request: This is really good and important... After filtering the video I am interested with genre, be able to copy all the thumbnail/screenlists of those videos and save them to another location, where I can get the screenlist jpg all at once in folders.

Hope you think about it. Thank you