.vtx thumbnail issue

All about the program
Foreverholiday

04 Jun 2016, 00:57

Hi, I encountered a problem when trying to start my videos

Video Formats: .avi and .mp4

Player: Media Player Classic Home Cinema

Interestingly, I have varying results when trying to click on the thumbnails for the 'starting video at the thumbnail frame' function.

When accessing the .vtx files from where the video is stored itself, opening using Media Player Classic Home Cinema works perfectly by clicking on the timeframe in the thumbnail (it will start at where I clicked it).

However, when I click on the thumbnail using Videonizer, opening using Media Player Classic Home Cinema does not work at all. It just starts the video at 0.00 (the real beginning of the entire video instead of the frame I clicked at).

Sorry for the trouble. It seems like a wierd problem that doesn't make sense, but it is really happening. Being able to access the thumbnail time frame function is great but too troublesome when I have to go to the actual video folder and open the .vtx file in order to do that. Technically it should also function similarly when doing it in Videonizer itself?

Oh, I'm using the free verison (for both Videonizer and VTM). I fully intend to upgrade to the paid versions, but with this issue I really don't know. If upgrading to the paid version helps I will just do that, but I think there are some issues here rather than being a limitation of the free version?

Please help, thanks.
admin
Site Admin

04 Jun 2016, 11:05

Hi.

I must said VTX feature should work ok both in Videonizer and outside it.
At least it works ok on most configurations and you are the first one reporting about such problem.

Have you selected right video player in Videonizer settings? Do you have several instances of Media Player Classic Home Cinema on you PC? Probably Videonizer opens a bit different version of MPC: HC which doest not support starting video at specified position or have an unknown command line interface (old version?).

Do you use the latest version of Videonizer? (3.0.0.4).

I think VTX file is ok since you are able to use it properly outside Videonizer.

Please try to create a new VTX file using VTM 9.1.0.0 and then add it to Videonizer version 3.0.0.4. Will the issue appear once again?

Thank you for your feedback.
Foreverholiday

04 Jun 2016, 13:28

Thanks for your reply.

Well I made sure everything was alright (no duplicates Media Player Classic) correct settings etc but still couldn't get it to work properly.

I finally gave up and downloaded another player (BS.player) and it worked fine. Just have to get used to a new player I guess.

Thanks anyway.
admin
Site Admin

04 Jun 2016, 14:15

It is still interesting - what is the reason of that problem.
Please let me know if you will have any desire to assist to fix the issue.
Foreverholiday

05 Jun 2016, 19:46

I'm ok with helping to identify the problem. What do I need to do?
admin
Site Admin

05 Jun 2016, 22:13

Please check your PMs.