Line spacing between TAGS

All about the program
latanabe

29 Feb 2020, 18:48

Hi,

I would like to very kindly ask you if it is possible to add option to make a line spacing between tags in Tags window? I have really enormous of tags and for better orientation between them, it will be deffinitely helpful.

For better understanding, I have numbered them (01 - one of TAGs group, 02 - another TAGS group, 03, 04, etc...) so they sort as I want..Unfortunately, it is in the one big and unarranged heap now so line spacing can really help there.

Is it please possible to add this option somehow or it is not realistic?

Otherwise many thanks for your great work and program.
admin
Site Admin

01 Mar 2020, 23:10

Hi,

That is possible, need to choose between solutions.
latanabe

02 Mar 2020, 20:29

It could be amazing if you add this option. Even better is something like a folder tree (folder = one of Tag Group) with one click for unroll. Make the TAG window even more bigger when I am In the edit mode and smaller when I will be in View mode. This will solved everything I think..

Just a little question. Is there some of the limit for Videonizer when I will have 7000 vids there and with 600 different tags for example (I mean if it will be drastically slower)?
admin
Site Admin

02 Mar 2020, 23:16

It should not. Several users reported they have 20k video files.
Only some features under "DB Tools" section work slower.
latanabe

03 Mar 2020, 20:45

Great to know to not have worries about this :)

Okey so one final and little question. Do you think that changes and updates in Tag window somehow affect my currect TAGs? (mean that will be some rizik to necessarily make them again)?
Do you also have the idea when these changes for Tags will be finished? I am so looking forward to it :D 8-)
avi111

04 Mar 2020, 08:16

My best solution for Tags Actors Sites (Directors, Series, etc.) would be
1 window Only organized as spreadsheet with columns
column 0 = a Mark that used for selection made in this row (read only for the user for viewing what was selected ) Or any method that sow this
column 1 = Type (Tags, Actors, Sites, (Directors, Series, etc. can be added by user choice)
column 2 = Name
column 3 = Group
column 4 = Rating
column 5 = Comment (can be year of video creation for example)
column 6 = ...
NOW
on top of every column there will be a text field for filtering
on top of every column there will option to select logical operation (AND, OR, NOT )
this list can be sorted by any column. the sorting operation do not remove the selection already made
On confirming all selections a window will ask for the logical operation needed the columns (AND, OR, NOT ) (it can be in the spreadsheet header with OR as default option)
This filter will apply to the current view list

PS the operator NOT is essential (for logical reasons)!
latanabe

04 Mar 2020, 13:01

avi111: Text field for filtering? :shock: Means that I will filter hundreds of my TAGS just via typing?

I like that idea that there will be everything in one window..I do not have anything against to operator NOT, should be helpful sometimes also for me..But sorry, for me is inconceivably that I will get better orientation in my 600 Tags with your method..Even worse if I will choose them via typing (if you means like this)..this is something what I need to have really quickly done not to type them one by one :?
admin
Site Admin

04 Mar 2020, 13:55

Just for your information - currently you can use "NOT" (right mouse button click on the filter indicator) and switch between "AND"/"OR" by using small buttons on the top of Tags, Actors, Sites buttons.
avi111

05 Mar 2020, 05:15

This "NOT" is a global NOT meaning all other option.
not a real NOT operator
avi111

05 Mar 2020, 05:17

latanabe wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 13:01
avi111: Text field for filtering? :shock: Means that I will filter hundreds of my TAGS just via typing?

I like that idea that there will be everything in one window..I do not have anything against to operator NOT, should be helpful sometimes also for me..But sorry, for me is inconceivably that I will get better orientation in my 600 Tags with your method..Even worse if I will choose them via typing (if you means like this)..this is something what I need to have really quickly done not to type them one by one :?
the option to filter while typing should always be with an option to disable it (like filter by file name)