"Move to Folder" does not replicate source folder structure

All about the program
Ozelui

17 Jan 2020, 03:32

Hello.

When I try to move a lot of movies belonging to a folder structure with a common root through "Move to folder" feature (contextual menu / Files / Move to Folder), the result is that Videonizer moves the videos bulking it in the destination folder selected, ignoring the source folder structure (however, the program allows to replicate the folder structure for Thumbnails)

I don't know if there is a workaround to do this task.

Thx!
admin
Site Admin

19 Jan 2020, 23:37

Hello,

Is it really needed?
As far as i remember, there were some difficulties with that.
Ozelui

20 Jan 2020, 00:00

Hello.

Well, I would prefer to preserve the original structure of the movies, since they are grouped by physical folders that has meaning for me, regardless of the logical organization that I can create with Videonizer.

Another concern I have is what happens if two files located in diferent folders have the same name.

Anyway, I can imagine the type of effort developing this feature, so I would only advise to show a warning to the user about the no replication of the structure and, if someone really needs (like me) to preserve the original structure, the workaround I used is to remove the affected movies from Videonizer, move the complete structure externally (with windows file explorer) and re-add again to Videonizer. It is a litte boring task but actually is somehting you are not be doing daily ;)

Thank you for your response!