Persistent mark

All about the program
manchanorte

25 Mar 2019, 21:26

Hi, I'm not clear about the usefulness of the persistent mark, can you eliminate it from the elements that have it? Thank you.
bastage

01 Jul 2019, 06:26

Hi,
I just ran across a case where I think it would come in useful but I don't see where I can manually reset it.

Where I'd like to use it is as an easy but "out of the way" method of marking files that have been processed as part of a bigger workflow -- I've been using 2-stars to mark the files (since I don't use that many natively to rank anything) but prior to starting if I cleared the group of "Persistent" and then toggled it on the ones I wanted to take action on it would be perfect.

Bumping this thread to see if that can be added if we're not missing the feature already existing.

Thanks as always ..!
admin
Site Admin

06 Jul 2019, 09:28

Hi,

The main idea of that "persistent" mark was to provide the ability to select "untouched" items fast using the top filer.

You can always create a special tag, mark any items as you want, and then filter them easily.

Would you like to have the option to reset "persistent mark"?
bastage

06 Jul 2019, 20:29

Hi,
Your suggestion about a special tag is another way I handle the same type of thing, but yeah, being able to reset the persistent mark would be the perfect "very quick" way to mark files in one of my workflows since sometimes going in and out to change tags depending on what I'm doing can take a few extra steps. (Even though I've done a bunch of automation there using Autohotkey.)

So, I'd reset the persistent mark on the subset of files I'm working on, and then since getting "Persistent" to "trigger" is as easy/quick as going into the properties and hitting "Ok" I can "mark" files and then filter for "Persistent" and do <whatever>.

Honestly, I'm just looking for a "quick" (not using tags) way of assigning some kind of "non-permanent" filtering to files since in the case I'd be using it the ones I'd be marking as "persistent" would actually be filtered for eventual deletion. (And since I never used "Persistent" for anything else it seemed perfect, except I found I couldn't clear it.)

RE: tags in general, I saw the other thread where there was a request for some changes that I will pay close attention to as well.

:ugeek:
admin
Site Admin

21 Jul 2019, 10:47

A reset possibility for "New Item"/"Persistent" attribute is implemented in Videonizer 5.0.0.1
bastage

23 Jul 2019, 23:13

Awesome .. thanks much ..!