Feature Reuest - Reports

All about the program
Nova23

01 Dec 2015, 02:27

Hi, i have been using VTM and Videonizer for a while now - great program, thanks for all you have and continue to do! :D
I have a question though:
is there a way to create a reporting function for actors, sites, genres, titles, etc (sorted multiple ways if desired or at least exportable to csv so i can sort).
generally i ask as if i have a database of my home videos and movies, and want to know if i am missing a movie sometimes it would be easier to make a report (xls, csv, pdf, whatever) that i can search and print out to see what i have and not without being at my machine or so i can give a list to someone else to see.
please let me know if this makes sense or if you have any questions.
thank you!
admin
Site Admin

01 Dec 2015, 22:14

Hi.
You can Export/Import Tags, Actors, Sites to/from XML format.
Also there are many filters in Videonizer (filename fiter, rating filter, actor, site, tag and other filters).
Is that enough or not?
Nova23

14 Dec 2015, 16:37

sorry for the delay.
that's a great start, but i was thinking more comprehensive.
ie: each video file that is in the database would have certain tags on it as well a sites and actors associated with it.
i want to run a report PER VIDEO so i can see all data associated with it - if i am missing something, missing the second movie in a series of 3, etc. so the XML files are good i can see all of the tags/sites/actors available but not in a format that lets me see per video file. (unless i am missing how to view that).
And not too familiar with XML, but if we got an xml report with all of that info, can xml then be sorted? (ie if i want to sort all movies by a certain actor after the report is generated, or by tags, or titles. (i know you can IN the program, just not familiar enough with xml to know if you can after exported.) I know other programs (not related to this but like reporting programs usually let you export to csv or xls so then you can in some sort of spreadsheet program.
thank you, again for your consideration of this!
admin
Site Admin

07 Jan 2016, 15:09

I still do not understand how should it look like?
Could you please provide more detailed examples?